|Second job from the Society of General Microbiology.
I wonder if membership gets you a free one of these http://www.giantmicrobes.com/
More information here http://www.sgm.ac.uk/jobs/SGM_msg040510.cfm
Position: Member Services and Grants Administrator
Society for General Microbiology
14 April 2010
3 May 2010
The SGM is a learned society with 5,500 members world-wide. It aims both to promote the subject of microbiology and to represent the interests of professionals working in all areas of modern microbial science. Key activities include publishing four major journals and running international scientific conferences. The Society supports microbiology in many other ways through its grants, prize lectures, education and public engagement activities, careers promotion and its high profile role in international biological organizations. This work is carried by staff in partnership with the Society???s Council and the members.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, flexible and self-motivated life sciences graduate to help run key activities in supporting member services, careers promotion and administration of grant schemes.
This varied job includes:
- running widely ranging grant schemes
- contributing to the SGM website
- supporting the promotion of Society activities and membership recruitment
- creating and disseminating careers resources and advice
- organising workshops for career and personal development at all levels
- there is also the opportunity to contribute to our award-winning magazine, Microbiology Today
The post involves some travel within the UK.
- a sound knowledge of microbiology or molecular biology
- good IT, oral and written communication skills
- excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- initiative and accuracy
- knowledge of the higher education sector and research community would be an advantage
- an awareness of current issues in STEM education and training would be helpful.
Starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience, within the range ??22,753 – ??27,930.
EMail CV with covering letter and names of two referees to Dr Jane Westwell
Tel: 0118 988 1821, Fax: 0118 988 5656
Interviews will be held 17 May