|Pinched from the psci-com mailing list.
You can apply online (as you’d expect there’s a registration process) or you can send a CV and covering letter to the HR people detailed below.
Probably doesn’t hurt to be aware of the Wellcome Trust’s (and UCL’s) plans to close the Wellcome Trust Centre for the History of Medicine (don’t think it affects the library in any way and seems to be quite separate, but still – might be useful to know…).
Vacancy – Head of Discovery & Engagement – Wellcome Library
Salary ??50-??60k plus benefits
The Wellcome Trust is a global charity dedicated to achieving extraordinary improvements in human and animal health. We support the brightest minds in biomedical research and the medical humanities.
The Wellcome Library is the one of the world’s great cultural treasures: a unique and irreplaceable collection, which documents medicine and its role in society, past and present. As Head of Discovery and Engagement, you will play a pivotal role in making these outstanding collections accessible, a key part of an ambitious strategy to transform the Wellcome Library. This will include revolutionising our web presence and reading-room services to meet the needs of existing and new audiences and developing the Library’s role not only as a world-class research resource, but also as part of Wellcome Collection, one of London’s most exciting cultural destinations. A passionate advocate for our collections, you will lead the Library’s outreach, communication and marketing activities and, by developing our understanding of users and their needs, ensure we have a robust framework for evaluating our success.
As a key member of the senior management team, reporting to the Head of Library, you will need to demonstrate:
– significant experience in a public/user focused role in a cultural environment
– a commitment to audience development and engagement programmes
– a proven understanding of commissioning audience research and evaluation
– a good knowledge of social media and web technologies and experience of creating/commissioning web content
– previous staff management experience and an ability to manage budgets/resources
– excellent written and verbal communication skills across a broad range of stakeholders
– a demonstrable ability to contribute creatively and enthusiastically at a strategic level
In addition a strong interest in the history of health, medicine or science would be advantageous.
For more information on the Wellcome Library and the transformation strategy, please visit: http://library.wellcome.ac.uk
For more information on this role or a job description and to apply online visit: www.wellcome.ac.uk/jobs
Alternatively write to: HR, Wellcome Trust, 215 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE. Please send a CV (including salary details) and covering letter explaining how you meet the criteria and what you feel you can bring to this role. Closing date is 10 May.