By the way , if you’ve arrived here after clicking on an URL4.eu URL can you let me know, thanks @jobrodie
Society of Biologists
Media and Events Executive
Visitors are required to register and login to the Society of Biology’s pages to access the person specification, so I’m afraid there’s no attachment here, and I’ve copied the advert from the publicly accessible parts of the ABSW’s pages.
Media & Events Executive
Salary: ??24,000 to ??28,000 (depending on experience)
The Society of Biology is looking for someone to act as their press officer to ensure that the Society has a high profile amongst stakeholders and the public through proactive media & PR activity; this post will also be responsible for running the Society’s main events programme.
Key responsibilities – Media:
1. Working with the Director of Membership, Marketing & Communications to develop and lead a proactive and effective media and PR activity; writing press releases and news articles for the website, and working with the Assistant Editor to identify key issues
2. Building relationships with journalists, and acting as the main point of contact for journalist enquiries; strengthening ties with the Science Media Centre and working with them to arrange news briefings
3. Working with the Society’s branches and special interest groups to deliver regional/specialist press work
4. Monitoring press and broadcast coverage and feeding this information back to staff and volunteers
5. Arranging media interviews and developing a public profile for key staff, Fellows and Members within the overall media strategy
6. Monitoring current issues and public opinion to inform the media strategy
7. Assist in managing the media in a potential crisis situation, including availability outside normal office hours
Key responsibilities – Events:
8. Organising the Society’s main events
9. Working with the Marketing Executive on events promotion
10. Being the main contact for outsourced Conference Producers for the Society’s conference events
To see the full Person Specification, go to :
To apply, please send your cv and covering letter by 5pm Wednesday 30 June.