I don’t often post event management vacancies, which is actually a bit foolish of me given that (1) an awful lot of science communication requires well-managed events and (2) science communication types of places tend to employ events organisers. (Obviously they also employ IT people and finance folk but events management is a bit different).
Previous jobs posted from Wellcome
Science Portfolio Advisor, ??30-35k, closing 20 Nov 2009
Grants Adviser, ??28k, 24 Feb 2010
Science Portfolio Advisor, ??30k, closing 31 Mar 2010
Project Editor (maternity cover), closing 26 April 2010
Broadcast Manager (maternity cover), clos 30 April 2010
Head of Discovery & Engagement, ??50-60k, clos 10 May 2010
by some unexpected error I managed to post the same Head of D&E job a week apart…
Events Manager (maternity cover)
Job Title: Events Manager (maternity cover) Location: London
Closing Date: 16/08/2010
Salary: ??40 000 – ??45 000
The Wellcome Trust is a global charity dedicated to achieving extraordinary improvements in human and animal health. We support the brightest minds in biomedical research and the medical humanities.
A free destination for the incurably curious, Wellcome Collection provides a ‘public face’ for the Trust through an innovative programme of exhibitions and events about the science and culture of medicine. We have an exciting opportunity for a temporary Events Manager to cover a period of maternity leave. You will be responsible for programming and managing the delivery of an innovative and popular series of live events, workshops, activities and performances. A key member of the overall management team you will need to demonstrate:
* the energy, enthusiasm and vision to make popular innovative medically related events
* significant events experience in the arts, museums and galleries sector and/or in the delivery of science communication and public engagement projects
* previous management experience, including responsibility for overseeing projects, significant budgets and for managing staff
* a relevant degree or equivalent and ideally an appropriate professional qualification
* exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, first class organisational ability and a proven ability to rapidly develop good organisational awareness
Salary circa ??40 000 to ??45 000 per annum (depending on experience) plus excellent benefits.
For more information and to apply online visit: http://www.wellcome.ac.uk/jobs
Alternatively write to: HR, Wellcome Trust, 215 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE. To apply please send a CV (including salary details) and covering letter explaining how you meet the criteria.
Application deadline: 16 August 2010
Interview date: 8 September 2010