List members may be interested in the following:
Science Communications Internship
The European Information Council (EUFIC) is recruiting a science communications intern for a 6-12 month period starting as soon as possible.
The European Food Information Council (EUFIC) is a non-profit organisation which provides science-based information on food safety & quality and health & nutrition to the media, health and nutrition professionals and educators, in a way that promotes consumer understanding.
As much as possible, we try to assign specific projects to interns, that they can ???own??? and see through to the end of their internship. The projects will vary, in line with EUFIC vision, mission and evolution. However, the following provides a guide to the types of areas we would expect interns to help with:
- support media relations work
- assist in preparing publications
- regular website content updates
- writing a variety of articles, feature stories and press releases in English
- desk research on stakeholders
- database management
EUFIC is open to applications from committed individuals that wish to deepen their knowledge of communication particularly within the health, nutrition, consumer insights and food safety area.
The successful applicant
- has a degree in science communication or science followed by communication, PR or journalism
- must speak and write excellent English
- is familiar with social media
- is able to translate scientific information into easy to understand stories
- has good networking skills
- is well organised, accurate and able to work independently
- is able to write short texts in English in a clear style
- is at ease with website management
Trainees typically enjoy the following:
- 500-1000 ??? / month (depending on experience), 1-2 return flights UK-Europe/Brussels
- multicultural workplace in the heart of Brussels
- a chance to learn from dedicated science communication professionals
Your application should contain: your CV and your letter of motivation
Email your application including full CV and letter of motivation to jobs //at// eufic.org stating in the subject ???Communication Internship???.
European Food Information Council (EUFIC)
Rue Paul-Emile Janson 6
Interviews will take place in Brussels or via skype
Only the candidates selected for interviews will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.