??22,773 (plus London Weighting ??3395)
ZSL London Zoo seeks a creative and motivated individual to design and deliver zoo interpretation projects. The interpretation developer delivers static and interactive exhibits and displays whilst aiding the design of the visitor experience, acting as an audience advocate. The developer is expected to confidently interface with a diverse range of stakeholders involved in the delivery of projects.
You must have:
– Experience managing interpretation projects on time and to budget, from initial concepts through to delivery
– Demonstrable experience of offering creative ideas to communicate difficult concepts and content
– Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, with the ability to communicate to a wide range of people from young children to ZSL Fellows
– Strong organisational skills, an ability to work independently whilst commissioning and managing contractors and freelancers
– Knowledge of current and best practice in exhibition development and informal learning
– Interest in natural sciences and the environment.
A qualification in a relevant subject (Natural Sciences, Museum Studies, Science Communication) is desirable.
A job description can be found here: Interpretation Developer Mar 11 (52 KB)
Send your C.V. with a covering letter highlighting your suitability for this post to the: HR Dept. ZSL, Regent???s Park, London NW1 4RY, or email email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 15th April 2011