|This is not solely a #scicomm job – there’s a bit of marketing and evaluation too.
Some previous jobs posted, from the RSC
RSC – Royal Society of Chemistry
As a talented and ambitious communications professional, the RSC can provide you with a great opportunity to develop your career. The RSC is rapidly changing and developing globally, and this is a fantastic role in which you can influence the communication of this both internally and externally. You will be working across all levels of the organisation with highly intelligent and motivated colleagues who have ambitious plans for developing the RSC as a world-leading organisation in advancing the chemical sciences.
We are looking for someone to join our communications team and support the RSC in improving the quality and consistency of its communications output. You will use a range of communication tools and your knowledge to create promotional plans to support our science, education and industrial activities, and communicate with staff and members.
Essential Skills and qualifications
- Degree qualified.
- Good knowledge/understanding or interest in chemistry/ science
- Preference will be given to candidates who either hold or are working towards a CIM/CIPR/CAM membership qualification.
- Proven experience in a relevant PR/marketing/communications/journalism role, ideally in a membership organisation, or B2B service/professional services sector/charity/science body.
- Knowledge and experience of writing communications plans and using a wide range of communications methods and media, both online and print.
- Excellent written English, able to produce appropriate, high-quality copy and the ability to tailor complex information for a variety of audiences, channels and media.
- Must be able to demonstrate creative flair.
- You need to demonstrate attention to detail, and able to craft and review written materials quickly and accurately.
- Stays in touch with developments in key markets and stays abreast of the latest data on key audiences.
- Some experience of developing and using market/customer research tools (e.g. survey design/analysis), and of design/branding.
- Prioritising and organising own work according to personal and team objectives is vital.
Based in Cambridge, UK. Salary ??26,573 – ??29,526. Vacancy reference no. 11-43
Contact and Further Information
Royal Society of Chemistry, Thomas Graham House, Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge CB4 0WF
Tel: +44 (0) 1223 432697
Email: Human Resources