British Liver Trust
Health Information Communications Manager
Circa ??30k per annum
The post holder will be responsible for the management of the overall design, development, quality and delivery of the Trust’s health information communications, including, but not limited to, online and printed publications. In addition they will manage and update the website.
- Strategic overview of the information department feeding into the senior management team and overall direction of the trust.
- Keep abreast of developments in web publishing and printing technology (including usability and accessibility issues), research and developments relating to liver disease and industry standards for the provision of health information.
- Research, assimilate and draft health information content and manage the development of materials in a format and language appropriate to the audience, building and maintaining relationships with external reviewers.
- To facilitate colleagues across the organisation in maintaining content and to ensure their needs are addressed by any future website functionality and developments.
- Recommend and commission new information and education materials for the Trust for dissemination online or in printed format, drawing on information from audience research, feedback from the helpline, Support Groups, Trust staff, clinical contacts, conferences and meetings.
- Act as an adviser to Trust staff on the house style, layout and design matters to ensure that Trust material is consistent and well-presented.
An ability to understand medical and scientific terminology is vital, alongside strong publication skills.
If you have a passion for communicating clearly, an eye for design, understand web issues and have writing skills which are second to none ??? we want to hear from you.
To apply for this opportunity, please send across a CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to George Reed or Jenny Warner on 01962 813300.
The closing date for applications is 8th August 2011.
Charisma Charity Recruitment and The British Liver Trust are committed to equal opportunities.