You can apply or postulez (J'assume c'est Francais pour 'apply') online 🙂Not sure I've understood the salary but from one of the links on the page below it seems that category E people get 7980 ??? 9100 Swiss francs per month, assuming I've correctly pegged CHF as Swiss Francs… CERN EU Projects Office
Communication Officer for the CERN EU Projects Office.
Are you an experienced science communicator with a background in physics or engineering? Join a small, dynamic and efficient team to contribute your skills and experience to the various activities of the EU Projects Office. Take Part!
The principal mission of the EU Projects Office??http://cern.ch/cerneu??is to oversee the participation of CERN in various EU Programmes for scientific and technological cooperation, and to provide support in the preparation and implementation of EU projects, in which the laboratory is involved. Participating in EU projects strengthens CERN's existing collaborations and creates new links with European universities, laboratories and industrial partners, complementing the main R&D programmes of the Organization.
As communication officer in the CERN EU Projects Office, you will:??
- Design, develop, maintain and enhance project websites and the website of the EU Projects Office, ensuring content is relevant and up-to-date.
- Produce periodic project newsletters: contacting contributors, authoring and editing material, sourcing images, fitting material to online template, circulating for approval, publishing online and to email list.
- Prepare communication task progress reports and presentations.
- Liaise with scientific project members and externals to source content for website, newsletter and outreach events.
- Develop outreach materials and activities, according to the descriptions of work of the EU projects.
- Serve as editor during the proposal preparation and negotiation phases of EU projects led by CERN.
- Contribute to the preparation of periodic and other reports for the activities carried out within the framework of EU projects.
- At a later stage, get involved in the management of EU projects, coordinated by CERN, and provide advice to the teams preparing project proposals under the next EU Framework programme Horizon 2020.
University Degree in Physics or Engineering, complemented by a MSc or equivalent programme in Science Communication.
Experience and competencies
The experience required for this post is:
- Several years??? experience related to science communication in a physics laboratory or a research institute.
- Professional experience in editing and/or producing different types of documents (publications, newsletters, brochures, reports, etc.) on scientific subjects.
- Experience in European projects (FP6-FP7).
The following experience will be considered an advantage:
- Experience in international environment with colleagues from different countries and backgrounds.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Public relations.
- Science writing, scientific popularization.
- Text editing and proof-reading.
- Use of Office software packages.
The behavioural competencies required for this post are:
- Communicating effectively: expressing opinions, ideas and suggestions with conviction and in a logical/structured manner, keeping to the point. Delivering presentations in a structured and clear way, adjusting style and content to the audience; responding calmly and confidently to questions.
- Achieving results: driving work and projects to a successful outcome. Having a structured and organized approach towards work, being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind.
- Working in teams: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships.
- Managing self: working well autonomously, taking on activities and tasks without prompting, taking initiative beyond regular tasks and making things happen.
The language skills required for this post are:
- Fluent written and spoken English is essential. The ability to understand and speak French in professional contexts would be an advantage.
Eligibility and closing date
Employing a diverse and international workforce is a CERN core value and central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States irrespective of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or personal situation. This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than??17 April 2012. By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the Recruitment Service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
Note on Employment Conditions
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of five years. Limited duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry. Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may be granted an indefinite contract.