Whoops, apols Ecsite – this one was trapped in my moderation queue but Posterous didn’t tell me!
Ecsite is seeking a new Project Officer to join its small team in Brussels, Belgium.
The Project Officer is responsible for implementing activities related to European projects to ensure they are carried out consistently and successfully in accordance with the project’s rules and workplan. S/he will monitor all aspects for clear goals, objectives and timelines by liaising with the consortium, raising critical issues as appropriate, ensuring that priorities and objectives are met, and maintaining the content of the projects’ websites. Please note that the project officer does not work on policy-issues or advocacy.
Place in the organization
The Project Officer will coordinate the work packages led by Ecsite in various European funded projects related to science communication). S/he will collaborate with two other Ecsite Project Officers and may also provide assistance to the Executive Director.
- Coordinate the Ecsite workpackages for the projects
- Ensure delivery of project activities and deliverables throughout the duration of projects
- Proactively disseminate the project results
- Work on the concept, implementation and dissemination of news, workshops, and events
- Contribute to and perform various EU Projects presentations, meetings, agendas etc
- Provide content for project websites
- Draft project implementation reports (coordinate input from the Consortium; format and layout the report and prepare its submission to the European Commission)
- Under the supervision of the accountant, estimate expenses and oversee budget expenditures
- Coordinate and organize meetings with project partners and stakeholders, ensuring that the meetings achieve expected project outcomes and follow up with meeting reports
- Produce background documents for meetings
- Communicate effectively in English (orally and in writing) with a variety of partners from diverse backgrounds (from academia to the Ecsite members and the European Commission)
- Serve as the primary contact person for project participants, diplomatically responding to queries and resolving problems
- Contribute actively to the life of Ecsite
- Native level spoken / written English; other languages a plus
- University degree
- Very good knowledge of science public engagement
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to prepare reports, analyze research, make presentations and communicate clearly for various audiences
- Good software skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Internet and social media abilities
- Hard-working, autonomous
- Experience in project management; experience with European institutions and/or grants management a plus
- Interest and ability in working in science communication, non-profit and international environment
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Good sense of initiative and ability to set priorities
- Good level of political maturity, personal initiative and creativity
- Ability to provide input for conceptualizing strategies and designing work plans
- Ability to build and maintain broad networks of partners, excellent interpersonal skills
Terms and conditions
- Attractive conditions are offered and will be adapted depending on experience
- Applicants must be able to legally live and work in Belgium. The contract will be a temporary one and subject to Belgian social security and taxes
- Ecsite offers an opportunity of gaining experience within an innovative, multinational association with broad and challenging responsibilities and the chance to work within a highly motivated and professional team
- Ecsite is committed to providing an equal opportunity work environment
We expect to hold interviews on Friday September 17th with an ideal start date of 1 November 2012. Only candidates selected for the interview will be contacted ¬– thank you for your understanding.
More information about Ecsite is available at www.ecsite.eu.
Please send your application (cover letter plus curriculum vitae) in English before August 18th 2012 to:
Coudenberg 70, 5th floor
1000 – Brussels
Or by email to:
email@example.com with Project Officer in the subject line