Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
The RSC has an exciting opportunity for a Deputy Editor. The division of Journal of Materials Chemistry into 3 journals has led to this new exciting opportunity. This is a vital role to support the continuing development of our journals contributing to community engagement, commissioning and achieving our ambitious growth targets. We are looking for ambitious publishing professionals who want to develop their career with the RSC. Your key role will be to contribute to the growth, quality and usage of the journals, by assisting in the development and implementation of commissioning and product development plans and deputising for the Managing Editor.
Day to day activities
- Assisting in the development and implementation of the product development plans to maintain or improve the circulation/revenue/quality/usage of the journals and deliver the journals' KPIs through development and implementation of effective Editorial policy, commissioning and marketing plans
- Commissioning articles, via desk based research and attendance at scientific conferences
- Contributing to the development of the Editorial and Advisory Boards and Scientific/Associate Editors such that they provide the maximum benefit to the serial(s) and strong interactions with their communities and to assist the Managing Editor in the identification and recruitment of external Associate Editors
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with existing/potential authors and referees
- Monitoring the demands of market forces and advise the Managing Editor and Publisher of future trends, risks and opportunities
- Deputising for the Managing Editor??????????????
Essential Skills and qualifications
- A good honours degree in science is essential.
- Previous experience in STM publishing
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work well as a team
- Good organisational and time-management skills are required together with the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
Based in Cambridge, UK. Salary ??30,579 – ??33,977. Closing date 23 November 2012. Vacancy reference no. 12-136