Lawks, they want up to ten editors… couldn't spot when it closes, better eyes than mine might spot it and add to the comments.Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
We need up to 10 Publishing Editors to join the RSC in Cambridge by the end of January 2013 due to the exceptionable growth of our high quality publishing output. We now publish over 20000 articles in comparison with 5000 5 years ago. As a Publishing Editor the main purpose of your role will be to contribute to the growth and quality of the journals through the day-to-day operation of the peer review, editing and publication processes for journal articles submitted to the RSC. This is a great opportunity to work with dynamic journal teams and academics to ensure the RSC publishes high impact journals and databases for the chemical science community worldwide. You will be a critical part of the whole publishing process from initial submission through to final publication.
You will need:
- A good honours degree in science (chemical science normally preferred) is essential.
- Good organisational and time-management skills are required together with the ability to work under pressure, prioritise and to meet deadlines.
- Good attention to detail.
- A proactive approach to problem solving.
- Good communication skills in interacting with internal and external contacts.
- Proven ability to work well as a team.
- Postgraduate experience and/or practical experience in STM publishing would be an asset.????
Benefits include a salary of between ??23,327 – ??30,187 depending on experience, pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 12%, free life assurance and private health insurance.?? Roles are based in Cambridge (relocation support may be provided).????If you want to continue working in Chemistry without working in the lab and give back to the Chemical Sciences community apply now!
Please use our graduate application form for applications. This and further information can be found??here