This one closed yesterday alas, however today was when I found it… Plenty more coming that are still open.And although it's not spectacularly relevant to @SciCommJobs I thought you might like to know that I'm now the moderator / owner of the psci-com mailing list (hosted at JISCmail) which is definitely one of the best places to find out about various jobs in science communication and I would definitely recommend that you join, just google psci-com jiscmail.
RCGP (Royal College of General Physicians)
Senior Media Officer
Full time (35 hours per week)
Salary: Band 9, ??30 – ??34k per annum
4 months fixed term contract??????
Based Euston Square
- To work with the Head of PR and Corporate Communications on proactive and reactive communications to protect the standing and reputation of the College, promoting its work to a wide range of stakeholders including media, RCGP members and politicians.
- To coordinate the day to day work of the PR and Corporate Communications Team, managing the outputs of the team to deliver an effective, efficient and timely press service, including out of hours cover.
- To draw up proactive and reactive communications plans around College priorities,??incorporating print, broadcast, online and social media.
- To work with and support the Chair, Officers, Chief Executive, Executive Management Team and senior managers and doctors in identifying and promoting key College policies, highlighting risks and ensuring that the RCGP communicates consistent messages.
- To ensure the internal communications resource is engaged in proactive and reactive media activity.
- To manage and professionally develop the staff team and to offer development support to relevant managers in faculties and devolved councils.
- To support the Head with the delivery of media training.
Click here for the Job Description
Closing date: 7 December 2012
Interview date :13 and 14 December 2012