Biomedical Images Acquisition Coordinator
Biomedical Image Acquisition Coordinator ??? 12 month fixed term contract
We are a global charitable foundation dedicated to achieving extraordinary improvements in health by supporting the brightest minds.
Wellcome Images, set within the Wellcome Library, is one of the world???s richest and most unique image resources, with themes ranging from medical and social history to contemporary healthcare and biomedical science, its images are available online at images.wellcome.ac.uk Our Biomedical Collection holds over 40,000 high-quality images from the clinical and biomedical sciences.
As Biomedical Image Acquisition Coordinator you will be responsible for implementing the acquisition strategy and ensuring every image is accessible. Drawing upon your network of contacts, social media and resourceful research you will attract and encourage biomedical image contributions that are extraordinary and inspiring. Using your experience in science research, you will negotiate contracts, write image descriptions and manage the imaging work flow through to delivery on images.wellcome.ac.uk.
You will also have responsibility for project managing the prestigious Wellcome Image Awards liaising with a wide range of internal and external contacts.
This position requires someone with tenacity and a passion for scientific images. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
- PhD in Biomedical sciences or equivalent relevant research / medical qualification
- Knowledge and understanding of the full range of scientific / medical imaging techniques
- Excellent written communication skills including experience of science / medical writing
- Ability to interpret and describe scientific/medical content for all audiences
- In-depth understanding of biomedical terminology and taxonomies and understanding of relevant copyright law
- Excellent interpersonal skills and established contacts in the biomedical science community
- Good project management and organisational skills
- Proven interest in / understanding of the picture library industry
- Self motivated with a proven ability to work both independently and as part of a larger team
Some travel in the UK will be required for this role and candidates must be able to work with graphic medical images.
Salary c??28,000 (depending on experience) plus excellent benefits
For more information and to apply online go to: www.wellcome.ac.uk/jobs
Or alternatively apply to HR, Wellcome Trust, 215 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE. Please send the following:
- a CV (including salary details) and covering letter explaining how you meet the criteria.
- Details of one image chosen from images.wellcome.ac.uk with a statement (maximum of 200 words) explaining why you think the image was selected for the collection.
Application deadline: 9th December 2012
Interviews: w/c 7th January 2013