scavenged from Arthritis Research UK’s website – note job is in Chesterfield (not London as originally implied by my failing to add this important bit of info when I posted this job, oops).Arthritis Research UK
Arthritis Research UK currently has an exciting opportunity for a Policy Officer, following a period of significant organisational growth and transformational change we are looking to recruit a Policy Officer. Working within our Policy and Public Affairs team, the focus of this new role is to develop and promote evidence based policy, and to engage with stakeholders, to deliver better health outcomes for people with arthritis.
Salary: Up to £30,000 depending on experience + Benefits
Hours: 35 per week
Position type: Permanent
Closing date: Monday, 21 January 2013
View job description (Word 80.4KB)
The successful candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level in a scientific or health science discipline and/or can consistently demonstrate degree level outcomes
- Have recent experience working within public policy, in the development of policy positions and in responding to consultations
- Have knowledge and recent experience working within health and social care policy
- Have good understanding of NHS, health and public policy issues
- Have sound knowledge of research methods used in policy development and influencingunderstanding of how each programme is used
Have strong project management skills and ability to work with others to deliver results
Benefits include: Contributory Pension Scheme, Free Life Insurance, Private Medical Trust and Child care voucher salary sacrifice scheme.
Applications should consist of a current CV and supporting statement of at least one side of A4 summarising how you meet the criteria outlined in the person specification. Applications received without a supporting statement will not be considered.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org