Arthritis Research UK
Research Programme Officer
Arthritis Research UK currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Research Programme Officer to contribute to the peer review process of assessing applications for funding; specifically to assist in completion of a peer reviewer database and the selection of peer reviewers for applications as part of standard processes. In addition they will have the opportunity to work on ad hoc developments and projects to aid the progress of new initiatives and development of research implementation strategies.
Salary: Up to £28,000 (pro rata) + Benefits
Hours: 35 per week
Position type: Temporary
Closing date: Tuesday, 5 March 2013 although we reserve the right to bring this forward should we find a suitable applicant from interim applications
View job description (Word 184KB)
The successful candidate will:
- Have a PhD in biomedical research and experience of conducting own research
- Have knowledge of the academic and research environment from personal experience
- Have an understanding of the structure and practice of academic careers
- Be fully IT literate with exceptional experience of working with databases in a scientific context to evaluate and input information in an accurate and timely manner
- Display good problem-solving skills
- Have the ability to deal with external and internal senior individuals in a timely manner, maintain confidentiality and balance multiple requests and priorities
- Have knowledge of the grant awarding process
- Have experience/understanding of the peer review process
Benefits: we offer a range of employee benefits, including a contributory Group Personal Pension Plan, a salary sacrifice child care voucher scheme and Employee Assistance Programme.
How to apply: your application should consist of a supporting statement which clearly sets out (in brief) how you meet the essential criteria contained the job description together with a current copy of your cv. Please send these to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Laura Lee, Recruitment, Learning and Development Administrator, Copeman House, St May’s Court, St May’s Gate, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S41 7TD Tel: 01246 541166.