Royal Society of Chemistry
Job description: deputy-editor-china-jd_tcm18-228698
This is a vital role to support the continuing development of our journals contributing to community engagement, commissioning and achieving our ambitious growth targets. We are looking for ambitious chemical scientists/publishing professionals who want to develop their career with the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC). Your key role will be to contribute to the growth, quality and usage of the journals, by assisting in the development and implementation of commissioning and product development plans and deputising for the Managing Editor. Your responsibilities will also include:
- Assisting the development and implementation of product and portfolio development plans to maintain or improve the /quality/usage/revenueof the journal and deliver the journals KPI’s through development and implementation of effective Editorial policy, commissioning and marketing plans
- Commissioning articles, via desk based research and attendance at scientific conferences
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with existing/potential authors and referees
- Monitoring the demands of market forces and advising colleagues of future trends, risks and opportunities
- Assisting the Managing Editor in supporting and monitoring the manuscript processing and promotional activities of any external Associate Editors
We are looking for:
- A good honours degree in science (chemical science normally preferred) is essential.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work well as a team.
- Good organisational and time-management skills are required together with the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Demonstrable knowledge of and passion for the chemical sciences
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
Desirable skills and qualifications
- Previous commissioning experience and conference attendance
- Previous experience in STM publishing
Applications must be submitted in English. You should include a cover letter and resume. The cover letter should detail why you are suitable for this position against the requirements given above.
Based in Beijing. Competitive salary and benefits. Closing date 08 April 2013. Vacancy reference no. 13-52
Related post: RSC (Beijing), Managing Editor.