Cancer Research UK
PR Officer – PR 00107
Job description: JB03 hr_role_profile_pr00107
London-London – Angel Head Office
circa £23,000 – £26,000 p.a.
Closing Date – 11/Apr/2013, 11:59:59 PM
Do you possess the public relations skills and creativity to help us drive towards our goal of beating cancer?
Here at Cancer Research UK, we need an enthusiastic and motivated PR officer to be part of our award-winning communications team, who will apply their creativity and passion to help us keep the charity’s activities in the public eye.
We are looking for an enthusiastic PR expert to…
• Promote the charity’s fundraising activities across national media
• Contribute to PR and social media strategies for various campaigns
• Draft PR plans, press releases and other media materials to publicise the charity’s initiatives
• Respond to reactive media queries
Cancer Research UK is leading pioneering, life-saving research and our long-term ambition is to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured. Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person, and our 3,500 people work relentlessly every day towards this goal.
Join us to help save millions of lives through your…
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong consumer media contacts and relationships with journalists
• Creative thinking in helping to devise PR plans and strategies
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships within the charity and beyond
Our optimism and desire for success leads us to constantly challenge ourselves and others, which means you will be encouraged to stretch yourself in our dynamic environment. You’ll need the ability to work in a busy press office, on several projects at the same time. You’ll also need a comprehensive understanding of media and social media, ideally with consumer PR experience.
If you’re as ambitious as we are, join our collective force and enjoy an excellent career, as we save lives and add years.
How to Apply
To apply, simply click the link below to take you through to our careers website where you can upload your CV and covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role.
Circa £23,000 – 26,000 p.a.
Closing Date: 11th April
Interviews: 16th April