I’m not sure if this job has already closed. Nothing leapt out from a cursory glance of the advert and attached PDF, perhaps more eagle-eyed readers will add a comment if they spot it.
It’s really not all that scicomm, but there’s communication and engagement to be had in the job description. And it’s about water…
Director of Development and Communications
Job description: WaterAid DODC position profile final
WaterAid America seeks an experienced and entrepreneurial Director of Development & Communications to lead critical funding diversification and expansion.
- Position type : Governance and management
WaterAid America is in an exciting period of strategic growth. Proof positive, over the past three fiscal years, the organization has increased philanthropic support by over 100% and is poised to continue to significantly increase annual income, with an emphasis on expanding its base of support from individuals. To that end, WaterAid America seeks an experienced and entrepreneurial Director of Development & Communications to lead this critical funding diversification and expansion. Working closely with the CEO and colleagues, the Director will:
- Devise and implement a strategic and operational plan for developing a diverse donor base
- Serve as the chief development officer and build and maintain a personal portfolio of major gift prospects
- Oversee an integrated and comprehensive communications program
- Report to the CEO and serve on the senior management and global leadership teams
- Foster strong working relationships with colleagues throughout the international organization (UK, Sweden, and Australia)
- Lead a dynamic, highly motivated team of 10 development and communication staff.
WaterAid has retained Freeman Philanthropic Services, LLC to assist on this recruitment. Full position profile, including requirements and application instructions, at www.glfreeman.com. Confidential inquiries to FPS at WaterAid@glfreeman.com.