Job description: document(1)
Job Title: Events Manager
Closing Date: 6/20/2013 <- odd way of writing 20 June in a UK organisation 😉
Salary: circa £45,000
The Wellcome Trust is a global charitable foundation dedicated to achieving extraordinary improvements in health by supporting the brightest minds. We support the brightest minds in biomedical research and the medical humanities.
Wellcome Collection is the free visitor destination for the incurably curious, exploring the connections between medicine, life and art in the past, present and future. The venue offers visitors contemporary and historic exhibitions and collections, lively public events, the world-renowned Wellcome Library, a café, a bookshop and venue hire. Wellcome Collection has been open for five years, becoming increasing popular year-on-year.
We have a wonderful opportunity for an Events Manager to oversee the evolution of our ground-breaking live programme. You will be responsible for envisioning and delivering an innovative and popular series of live events for adults, as well as a programme of activities for 14-19 year olds.
As a key member of Wellcome Collection’s management team, we are looking for someone who has:
- · the strategic vision to oversee the further development of public event strands that explore the culture of medicine in investigative and experimental ways;
- · the energy, enthusiasm and managerial skills to deliver cutting-edge yet accessible public events and activities;
- · significant experience in the arts, museums and galleries sector and/or in the delivery of science communication and public engagement projects;
- · previous management experience, including responsibility for managing a team, overseeing projects as well as significant budgets;
- · a relevant degree or equivalent, and ideally an appropriate professional qualification;
We offer a salary of c.£45,000 per annum (depending upon experience) plus excellent benefits.
For more information and to apply online visit: www.wellcome.ac.uk/jobs
Alternatively send a CV and covering letter explaining how you meet the criteria for this post to: HR, Wellcome Trust, Gibbs Building, 215 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE.
Application deadline: 20th June 2013