Arthritis Research UK
Job description: JD – Communications Executive 090113
Salary: £28,000 + Benefits
Hours: 35 per week
Position type: Maternity Cover up to 12 months
Closing date: Wednesday, 22nd January 2014
Arthritis: what’s the impact?
- More than 1 in 6 people of all ages struggle with the pain and disability of arthritis
- Arthritis is the biggest cause of pain and disability in the UK
- Musculoskeletal conditions account for one in five GP consultations (rising to 1 in 3 for the over 50s)
What are we doing about it?
- We are the biggest funder of research into the cause, treatment and cure of all forms of arthritis in the UK (and the biggest non-government funder in the world)
- Our work takes the pain away from people with arthritis
- We enable people with arthritis to remain active, doing the things they love
What do we need?
We’re looking to recruit an enthusiastic, proactive and talented Communications Executive to cover a maternity leave of up to 12 months. You’ll work within our communications team to raise awareness of arthritis and the work of Arthritis Research UK.
The successful candidate will:
- Secure national, regional and trade media coverage to raise awareness of the impact of arthritis and the work of Arthritis Research UK
- Take a key role in responding to reactive media enquiries
- Work with the wider communications team to deliver integrated communications campaigns, such as National Arthritis Week
- Have excellent experience of working in a media relations role
- Possesses strong knowledge of the media and what makes a great story
- Have a proactive, enthusiastic and flexible approach, be a great team player and have a passion for delivering great coverage
If you are motivated by our vision and looking for a challenging and rewarding role, please get in touch.
How to apply
Applications should consist of a current CV and supporting statement which clearly sets out how you meet each of the essential criteria set out in the job description and person specification. Applications without a supporting statement will not be considered. Please email your application to email@example.com
Closing Date: Wednesday 22nd January 2014
First Interviews expected in our London Office: Monday 3rd February 2014