Pinched from psci-com…
Breakthrough Breast Cancer is currently updating two of its health information products: The best treatment: your guide to UK services for people with a family history of breast cancer and Breast cancer risk: the facts. Assistance from an external consultant is needed to work alongside Breakthrough’s health information team to conduct a thorough review of the evidence underpinning these two publications, ensuring that the updated information is completely accurate, evidence based and referenced and that Breakthrough meets the requirements of the Information Standard in this regard.
The external consultant will normally be able to work remotely, although face-to-face meetings may occasionally be required.
The consultancy period shall consist of a maximum of 52.5 working days between 17 March (TBC) until end September which shall be spread as set out below:
3 days a week (45 days in total) will be required from 17 March – 27 June. Some flexibility may be available but this would need to be agreed with Breakthrough at the start of the project.
An estimated additional 7.5 days of consultant time will be required between 30 June and end September.
- Ability to understand complex scientific information, including reading and critiquing scientific journal articles, and conducting reviews of scientific literature
- Knowledge of research principles and a good understanding of the systems by which information about research and policies can be obtained
- Excellent critical appraisal skills and the ability to interpret data to the highest degree of scientific accuracy
- Experience writing or contributing to evidence-based health information intended for a lay audience
- Understanding of the UK health system, cancer services and NHS structures, both nationally and locally
For further information on this opportunity and how to apply, please contact Caitlin Palframan, Senior Manager Policy Insight at Breakthrough on firstname.lastname@example.org by 5PM on Friday 28 February.