Any typos in the text below are my fault – I was unable to copy and paste the text from the page or its sourcecode (on Firefox click Ctrl+U to bring it up) so I’ve typed it out rather hurriedly as I’ve noticed that the job is closing in eight hours, oops.
Health Content Manager / Editor
https://www.networxrecruitment.com/Jobs/Advert/210413?FromSearch=False <– go to this page to log in and register.
Permanent link for job description: HCM – July 2015
circa £45k per annum
Closing: 9am 20 July 2015 (ie 8 hours after posting this on the blog).
• Do you have a passion for creating engaging health content – from must-read copy to must-share infographics?
• Can you motivate and lead a team in a deadline-driven environment?
If this sounds like you, the Health Content Manager / Editor role at Asthma UK could be just what you’re looking for. This is a great opportunity to join us at an exciting time.
What the role involves. Reporting to the Head of Health Advice, you will manage the Health Advice team members day to day, to deliver Asthma UK’s gold-standard content through our website, social media, emails, print and other touchpoints. The role is focused on content planning, creation, quality control and promotion.
You will work closely with the media team on pro-active awareness campaigns and reactive content. You will be a key team member ensuring the content and campaigns motivate people to take a more pro-active approach to managing their asthma.
The role would suit you if… you have writing or editing background and are used to engaging a wide variety of audiences, leading a team to deliver quality content, working at pace and to deadlines.
You will need…
• An exceptional track record in communicating in an engaging way across digital channels for many different consumer audiences
• Solid experience in content strategy, quality control and project management to deliver high quality to deadline
• Experience in creating and commissioning a wide variety of content – from infographics to web pages, email newsletters to SMS, video and animation, to print
• A passion for working with marketing / media teams to amplify content impact and reach
• To enjoy managing people; a drive to support your team to achieve great things
• An interest in using content to motivate and enable behaviour change.
Come and make a difference! Every 10 seconds someone in the UK has a potentially life-threatening asthma attack and three people die every day. Asthma UK works to stop asthma attacks and, ultimately, cure asthma. How? By funding world leading research, campaigning for better care and providing content that supports the 5.4 million people in the UK with asthma to reduce their risk of a potentially fatal asthma attack.
The closing date for applications is 9am Monday 20 July 2015. Interviews will be held shortly after at 18 Mansell Street, London E1 8AA.
Incidentally Mansell Street is very near to Tower Bridge pier so you could travel on the Thames Clippers ferries if you liked 🙂 Or the RV1, best bus route in London.