I’m always pleased when I hear of a new site that helps people hear about jobs and career opportunites. Graduate Talent Pool (paid internship opportunities) is an initiative by the UK Government to do just that, for graduates, and I’ve been alerted to a scicomm-relevant job there, thanks to this tweet.
Junior Account Executive on the ‘The ZEST Project’ Graduate Scheme
Apply at the link above, or email email@example.com. There is mention of a video submission so watch out for that 🙂
Confusingly (to me) the job ad closes on the 30th but the advert, with application button, will disappear (why? why??) on the 22nd but you can still email them.
Healthcare communications is a growing field of specialist PR and the perfect opportunity to utilise many of the key skills you will have developed as a graduate. Our clients challenge us to find solutions for all manner of communications challenges to help meet the needs of their stakeholders. Our work reaches across a broad range of platforms, from company rebranding and product launches to disease awareness campaigns, internal newsletters to digital strategy.
Typical responsibilities of the role will include:
- Managing event logistics and working with suppliers, including designers and printers
- Working with the media, compiling comprehensive media lists and locating specialist media outlets
- Shaping the news, selling and pitching potential news stories to journalists
- Contributing to the creative outputs and online presence of the agency through team brainstorms, blogging and content development
We are GCI Health, one of the world’s largest specialist health communications and medical education agencies. We create award-winning health communications solutions, placing patients at the heart of everything we do. Our aim is to make our employees the happiest and most inspired the industry has to offer, knowing our business potential has no limit if we stay true to this philosophy.
As a health communications public relations and medical education agency we work for a range of different multinational pharmaceutical clients, health NGOs and charities, as well as innovative start-up organisations. Truly, no two days are ever the same here.
Our areas of work
We provide core brand communications and medical education support throughout a product life-cycle, encompassing data and regulatory milestones, Health Technology Appraisals and issues management. Our Life Sciences expertise span the global, pan-European and UK environments
We build programmes that activate patients, consumers and their influencers; be it patients with disease-specific educational messaging, or consumers more broadly with a health or wellbeing message
Market Access Communications
We develop initiatives that communicate the value proposition of a brand, be it product or corporate focused, to support broader access strategies. We are passionate about the role that communications has to play in achieving access objectives
We offer counsel on optimising the performance of in-house communications teams, at an affiliate level or across an international network. Analysing ways of working including roles, responsibilities, team structure and behaviour to inform recommendations on potential routes for new efficiencies and impact
What qualities we are looking for?
An inspired individual with a strong passion for healthcare and a genuine desire to communicate complex health issues to a range of different audiences.
Key attributes we will explore at the interview stage include:
- A genuine interest in healthcare, medicine and the challenges faced by patients
- High level written and verbal communications skills
- An ability to demonstrate a keen eye for detail
- Creative flair
- An interest and understanding of the changing media landscape
- An interest in digital communications as an increasingly influential platform
- An eagerness to learn everyday on the job and actively contribute to our vibrant team
What experience we are looking for?
We will consider candidates from all degree backgrounds and are looking for the right candidate who would fit straight into our friendly communications agency.
Experience we will look for at the interview stage includes:
- Experience of writing and editing for different audiences (i.e. working on a university paper, magazine or blogging)
- An active interest in social media and digital platforms
- Experience working in busy office is always a bonus, however all candidates without experience will be assessed equally on their other skills
Contract, duration and working hours
Working hours: Full-time
Working time: daytime
How to apply
To apply, read through the available accompanying information on our website, fill in the information, and then submit this form along with your video submission via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, all before 5pm on the 30th of June. Feel free to include a cover letter if you like.
Closing date: 30/06/2016
This vacancy listing will no longer be availablerom 22/06/2016 <- on their page, will still be here on mine!