Not sure what the salary or closing date for this is.
Brookhaven National Laboratory: National Synchrotron Light Source II
Job ID: 697
Apply at the link above.
Brookhaven National Laboratory is a multipurpose research institution funded primarily by the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science. Located on the center of Long Island, New York, Brookhaven Lab brings world-class facilities and expertise to the most exciting and important questions in basic and applied science—from the birth of our universe to the sustainable energy technology of tomorrow. We operate cutting-edge large-scale facilities for studies in physics, chemistry, biology, medicine, applied science, and a wide range of advanced technologies. The Laboratory’s almost 3,000 scientists, engineers, and support staff are joined each year by more than 4,000 visiting researchers from around the world. Our award-winning history, including seven Nobel Prizes, stretches back to 1947, and we continue to unravel mysteries from the nanoscale to the cosmic scale, and everything in between. Brookhaven is operated and managed by Brookhaven Science Associates, which was founded by the Research Foundation for the State University of New York on behalf of Stony Brook University, and Battelle, a nonprofit applied science and technology organization.
Brookhaven National Laboratory is a nonprofit research and development institution whose purpose is to advance ideas and knowledge through a multidisciplinary program of basic and applied research. The National Synchrotron Light Source II currently has a full-time opportunity for a Public Affairs Representative at the facility.
Will be responsible for internal and user communications and outreach efforts at the National Synchrotron Light Source II (NSLS-II), a U.S. Department of Energy Office of Science user facility at Brookhaven Lab. NSLS-II is a new, large research facility that produces extremely bright beams of x-ray, ultraviolet, and infrared light used to examine a wide range of materials and accelerate advances in energy, environmental science, and medicine. Candidate will report to the NSLS-II Director.
- Raise the profile of the National Synchrotron Light Source II and its mission, vision, capabilities, advances, and initiatives among key audiences, including potential visiting researchers, the synchrotron science community, internal stakeholders, and policy makers.
- Communicate to key audiences about NSLS-II’s scientific advances, personnel, capabilities, news, and developments through the production of activity and progress reports, periodic newsletters, brochures, and promotional materials in electronic, web-based, and hard-copy formats;
- Develop content for the NSLS-II website;
- Work closely with the NSLS-II User Office to develop and distribute communications to the 4,000-plus visiting researchers who will conduct experiments at NSLS-II each year when it is fully operational.
- Manage NSLS-II social media feeds targeted to inform scientific facility users about NSLS-II updates, news, and key deadlines
- Participate in outreach efforts related to scientific meetings, special events and tours;
- Work closely with the NSLS-II Director and User Office to coordinate all NSLS-II internal and user communications.
- Serve as a liaison with the Media & Communications Office and assist in the development of news releases, feature stories, and other informational materials
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, science, or a related field.
- Science-writing experience.
- Experience in desktop publishing and web-based communications and outreach.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships with a wide range of customers and colleagues, including scientists, university faculty, and administrators, and in interacting with a diverse community of scientific, professional, and technical personnel at all organizational levels is necessary.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Preferred Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Graduate degree in journalism, science, or related field
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes but is not limited to:
- Medical Plans
- Dental Plans
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- 401(k) Plan
- On-site Child Development Center, Swimming Pool, Weight room Tennis Courts, and many other employee perks and benefits.
We invite you to consider Brookhaven National Laboratory for employment. To be considered for this position, please apply online at BNL Careers and enter the job title into the Keyword Search.
Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
BNL takes affirmative action in support of its policy and to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
*VEVRAA Federal Contractor