Max-Planck-Institut für Marine Mikrobiologie
Mitarbeiter in der Öffentlichkeitsarbeit
Max Planck Institute for Marine Microbiology
Public relations employee
Close 31 Jan 2019, salary details unknown
The text below is a Google Translate-derived translation of the actual job advert [note that the link will fade over time] which is in German. This is the link [which will also fade] to the English translation. The text below will last for however long this website lasts 🙂
At the bottom of the original advert the online application button is on the right.
The text below has not been changed from Google Translate’s translation.
The Max Planck Institute for Marine Microbiology is a research institute of the Max Planck Society. It was founded in 1992 in the state of Bremen and employs around 200 people. In close cooperation with numerous university and non-university research institutions, we explore the diversity and function of microorganisms in the ocean and their interactions with their environment. Researchers from all over the world, engineers, technicians and administrative staff together make an important contribution to global marine and environmental research.
We are looking for the next possible date one
Employee in public relations m / w / d (Full-time)
These are your main areas of activity:
- They independently and creatively arrange the work and direction of the press and public relations in consultation with their colleagues.
- Together with the other employees of the press and public relations department they develop new communication strategies and measures.
- They place our work in the media, answer press inquiries and maintain contacts with journalists and the media.
- They represent our institute externally and internally, for example in relevant committees and at events.
- They present our research using visual media, for example, creating science videos and other modern formats of science communication.
- They look after our website and our presence in the social media.
- They organize and supervise visits to institutes, events and exhibitions, possibly also on weekends.
- Prerequisite is a successfully completed study in a natural science and / or communications science subject (preferably biosciences / geosciences, possibly with a doctorate)
- Several years of professional experience in the field of science communication
- Good knowledge of the regional and national scientific landscape
- Good networking in the regional and national media
- Comprehensive knowledge in the field of video / visual media and photography
- Very good German and English knowledge in spoken and written
- Strong teamwork and very good communication skills
- Intercultural competence as well as customer and service oriented thinking and acting
- Independent, structured and efficient way of working
- Safe handling of relevant Apple and MS Office tools, Internet and social media
We offer a responsible and varied work in a growing interdisciplinary and international research institute, a pleasant, collegial working environment and a modern workplace. A wide range of individual training opportunities is also at your disposal. The position is initially limited to two years, a takeover in an indefinite employment relationship is sought. Remuneration is based on the collective agreement of the public service TVöD (federal government).
Have we piqued your interest?
Then we look forward to your meaningful application until 31.01.2019 . Applications to this position are made exclusively through our online application portal accepted.
The Max Planck Society endeavors to employ more severely handicapped people. Applications of severely disabled persons are expressly desired.
We look forward to receiving your application!