Action on Hearing Loss
HQ2784 – Head of Media, Communications, and Public Affairs
I’ve just included the job and person spec below, please see the link for other relevant info – Jo. Note that ability to communicate in Welsh is essential. The ‘apply now’ link on the vacancy page itself can be found below the HQ2784 bit.
Posted: 28/02/2019 17:04
Salary: £33,000 per annum
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Level: Head of department
Deadline: 07/03/2019 23:59
Job Type: Fixed Term
To ensure Action on Hearing Loss extends its reach and impact in Wales, through the delivery and development high-impact campaigns and communications strategies to meet the needs of people who are deaf, have hearing loss and tinnitus.
The primary focus for this 3 month role will be ensuring the successful delivery of our Excellence Wales Awards and increasing our profile in Wales across a range of media outlets.
In discussion with the Director you will also lead our communications and campaigns work: to ensure that key messages are communicated effectively, so that people who are deaf, have hearing loss and tinnitus are aware of our services, and ensuring our campaign work influences policy and practice throughout Wales.
Interview date: To be confirmed
Overall Purpose of the Role:
- To raise the profile of the Action on Hearing Loss brand developing and delivering external engagement in Wales that extends our impact and reach in line with key influencing objectives.
- To lead in the delivery and implementation ofour external communications and campaigns activity in line with agreed targets, and our values and behaviours
- To develop Action on Hearing Loss Cymru’s social media presence, to include Facebook, Twitter, blogs, website and other opportunities to be identified.
- To develop Action on Hearing Loss Cymru’s broadcast and print media profile, including relationships with key journalists and monitoring and reporting on media performance.
- To conduct media interviews in Welsh and act as the organisations welsh language spokesperson
- To ensure that Welsh policy and legislation developments are monitored and responded to as a way of delivering Action on Hearing Loss objectives.
- To develop and deliver external communications strategies for all relevant campaigns in Wales
- To actively participate in the Cymru Senior Management Team, analysing potential risks and opportunities in the external operating environment alongside internal reports to ensure that we can deliver on our goals and objectives.
- To work collaboratively with country and UK colleagues, develop national and local relationships that deliver our strategic aims, increasing our impact and service reach, with devolved government, statutory bodies, funders and other key partners
- To work with colleagues to identify cross-directorate business opportunities to integrate with our local engagement activity, ensuring we are deriving maximum impact from our local activities.
- To build Action on Hearing Loss Cymru’s membership and actively engage with Welsh members and our wider networks of supporters and volunteers to deliver our campaigns and communications work.
- To actively participate in project management discussions and undertake monthly and quarterly analysis of stakeholder engagement, budget management and timelines for key events such as the Excellence Wales Awards ensuring that timely corrective action is taken to achieve annual targets.
- To ensure that quality assurance frameworks and success criteria are in place for all activities.
- To monitor and evaluate all activity with evidence of reach, impact and outcomes.
- To deputise for Director as appropriate at national forums and represent Wales where appropriate in cross-directorate organisational working teams.
- To complete any other duties and responsibilities when requested, which are commensurate with this role.
Values and Behaviours
We have 3 core values at Action on Hearing Loss: People, Passion, Partnership.
They reflect what we are like at our best and what we aim to be more like, more of the time.
They guide how we act, behave towards others and go about our day to day work.
- We treat people with warmth, dignity and respect.
- We show kindness, care and understanding.
- We treat people how we would like to be treated.
- We work with enthusiasm and energy.
- We strive for high standards and always try to do our best.
- We innovate, take risks and try new things.
- We listen carefully to others and try hard to understand.
- We share insights, ideas and resources.
- We act with integrity, building trust.