George Buckland Limited
Senior Medical Editor & Writer
Closing date: 12 February 2016
A highly regarded provider of medical education events and learning materials offers the opportunity to an editor / writer to take the lead on delivering pharma sponsored editorial projects targeted at NHS healthcare workers.
With responsibility for leading and managing projects key tasks are :
- Liaising with pharma. clients to develop editorial concepts that will deliver the client’s product message in a story relevant to NHS doctors, nurses, and specialist nurses
- Quality control of content produced by junior editorial team members
- Writing and Editing of content ranging from slide decks to manuscripts
- The lead on awareness of drug developments, evidence based guidelines, and UK pharmaceutical regulatory environment (training on codes of practice provided).
- The medical education material is delivered by way of events, print, and digital material.
- The postholder shall be seen as the scientific editorial lead in respect of the projects delivered on behalf of the pharma. sponsors – including attending events to liaise with faculty.
Essential knowledge and experience required :
- A degree in the life sciences with an understanding of the key principles of pharmacology
- Writing & Editing experience gained in a medical education environment
- An awareness of Evidence Based Medicine Guidelines
- Understanding of the regulations surrounding drug development and provision – such as clinical trials and the function of regulatory bodies such as NICE and ABPI
- Comfortable with overseeing the work of junior editorial team members
- Highly professional communication skills allowing you to liaise with clinicians and pharmaceutical company representatives
Located in Central London this is a full-time 5 day a week office based post with occasional travel to events.
A terrific opportunity to be a key player in a small editorial team developing content crucial to the continuing professional development of UK healthcare professionals.