Job description (doc): JD Publications Officer
Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable populations. We have increasingly found our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with similar public health interventions for greater impact and have therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
Posted: 21/02/2019 16:31
Deadline: 07/03/2019 23:59
Benefits: Pension & UK Package
Job Type: Indefinite
Malaria Consortium is recruiting for a Publications Officer to join our team in London.
The Publications Officer will be responsible for supporting and managing high quality publication activities to increase the organisation’s profile and communicate evidence and learning. This is a critical editorial and publishing role in the organisation, requiring excellent grammar, outstanding writing skills and an ability to communicate technical content to a variety of audiences.
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree in Journalism, Publishing or similar field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience and confidence communicating technical content (i.e. quantitative and qualitative research findings) to a range of audiences (including non-technical stakeholders), distilling into simple and accessible language and messages.
- Prior experience and strong interest in editorial processes, in-house publications production, and multichannel publications dissemination
- Good understanding of communications, social media and marketing principles for engaging external audiences
- Knowledge of global health issues, especially malaria and other communicable disease control, prevention and treatment mechanisms